Pinterest is a fun and creative social media platform with a huge fan base pinning everything from food to fashion to inspirational quotes. Alight has created an infographic discussing the rise in interest and use of the social media platform.
• While other social media sites like Facebook reporting declines in usage, Pinterest has seen an upswing.
• Consumers are reported spending less time on other social networking sites in favor of Pinterest.
• 80 percent of Pinterest users are women.
• Pins are 100% more viral than Tweets
• Pinterest users are big spenders; the typical purchase on Pinterest is 126 percent more than the average purchase via Facebook.
Its rising popularity suggests that business owners would be wise to incorporate Pinterest into their social media presence.
ALIGHT IS NO LONGER HOSTING THIS INFOGRAPHIC ON THEIR WEBSITE. CHECK THIS BLOG POST: HOW TO USE PINTEREST TO GROW YOUR SMALL BUSINESS