Did you know that every single day is a national holiday of some sort? They can range from the traditional holidays to the more offbeat and fun.
Since June is Entrepreneurs “Do It Yourself” Marketing Month, it only makes sense to explore different marketing ideas to grow your business.
Here are six content marketing ideas for June to help you promote your business
Doughnut Day – June 02
A delicious made-up holiday. Of course it’s a day for bakeries and doughnut shops to shine.
But if you are not a baker, you can still take advantage of this delicious holiday. Surprise your employees with doughnuts. Post pictures of your team enjoying sweet treats, conversation and laughter for great behind the scene photo opportunity. Use relevant hashtags on Twitter and Instagram #donut, #OfficeLife, #NationalDoughnutDay, #NationalDonutDay.
Privacy is a concern for many people in today’s society, so you need to use caution when posting pictures and video of people. Consider having a form that says: “I, Employee Name, give Your Company Name permission to post pictures and video of me on their social media accounts.” If someone chooses not to give their permission, do not post their pictures.
Flag Day – June 14
The American flag was adopted this day in 1777. June 14 also happens to be the army’s birthday. Here are some ideas to get in the patriotic spirit:
- Hang an American flag outside your business if appropriate.
- Offer your customers a discount on anything red, white or blue! (or to customers wearing those colors).
- Blog about the holiday’s history, American history, ways to celebrate Flag Day or how to plan the perfect Flag Day party if you are a caterer or party planner.
National Splurge Day – June 18
It’s the ultimate day for businesses to take advantage of, especially those in retail.
- Encourage customers to not only splurge on themselves on this day but also to spread the love – “Splurge unto others as you’d want others to splurge unto you.”
- Write a post about why your products or services are worth spending extra on or how splurging on your products or services can actually save your clients money.
June 18 is also Father’s Day – Don’t forget to splurge on Dad!
First, back to marketing basics. Let’s define your target market. It’s easy you think – men are the target market.
Not so fast, women are the main buyers of Father’s day gifts. So, make it easy for moms (and kids) to shop and think outside the tie box:
- Create a gift guide and offer suggestions by price and/or interest. Use emails, social media and e-newsletters to promote your gift guide.
- Dads deserve a little treat. Host a raffle or contest so they can win something cool.
- Restaurant can offer gift certificates, a free dessert, complimentary appetizer or drink.
- Put together a gift basket of men’s toiletries and grooming products at your spa or salon.
- Offer complimentary gift-wrapping.
- Give dads a reason to visit your business by offering a demo.
What if you are an accountant? Since very few people are going to give their dad a gift card for accounting services, here is a way to sneak the holiday into your marketing. Fathers are notorious for giving advice, so why not write a blog post like “The Most Important Lesson My Dad Taught Me About Accounting.”
Summer Solstice – June 21
Offer summertime tips and suggestions:
- Summer is the main season for family reunions; caterers and party planners can offer advice on how to plan a family reunion.
- Hairdressers can give tips for summer hair care.
- It’s a great time for air conditioner repair companies to offer maintenance tips to save energy and money during the summer.
Hold a Summer Solstice sale.
Insurance Awareness Day – June 28
Now who do you think invented this special day? Insurance agents can get their point across by setting up a wrecked car outside their agency with a sign, “Are you insured?”
But you don’t have to be an insurance agent to take advantage of this day:
- Lawyers and accountants can blog about the benefits of insurance for individuals and business owners.
- Travel agents, bed and breakfasts, and hotels can use this day to blog about the benefits of travel insurance.
Social Media Day – June 30
Social Media Day (#SMDay) was launched by the popular website Mashable back in 2010. Social media has redefined how people interact, communicate and share with family, friends and the world.
And it also has given small businesses a great platform to engage and connect directly with customers and in the process achieve a competitive advantage.
Here’s a list of more offbeat holidays and theme days for June.
Celebrating these theme days is a very simple way to spice up your marketing.
1 Flip a Coin Day
4 Hug Your Cat Day – Count your blessings if your cat is a hugger. Don’t have a cat, you’re in luck the month of June is “Adopt a Cat Month”.
5 World Environment Day
6 National Gardening Exercise Day- Get out and take care of your garden.
7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
10 Iced Tea Day
12 Red Rose Day
For more fun June holidays check this website.
So there they are our content marketing ideas for June to help you promote your business. Make sure to Join our mailing list for more ideas to help your small business shine.
Finding time for regular and consistent marketing can be difficult because there is always other “business stuff” that takes priority. MyMarketor provides an affordable and flexible outsourced marketing solution to help you GET IT DONE! Contact us now for a free consultation!
Post updated May 16, 2017