For many companies business slows down in July but don’t use this as an excuse not to market. Get ideas and inspiration for your blog and social media posts with those content marketing ideas for July below.
When using those ideas, remember to think first about how your content is going to help or entertain your audience.
Choose ideas relevant to your business products or services.
You can write about the holiday itself or offer:
- Suggestions, ideas and tips related to celebrating the holiday,
- An appropriate holiday greeting,
- Discounts or promotions, or hold contests, and start conversations.
Be sure to update your email signature with your monthly promotions.
Here Are Five Content Marketing Ideas for July 2017
Independence Day – July 4
The biggest event of the month is the 4th of July. Most businesses can show off their American pride. Tie the holiday to relevant posts. Here are some ideas:
- Tips and tricks for celebrating the 4th of July.
- Red, White and Blue desserts.
- 4th of July fashion tips for staying cool and looking great.
- Hairdressers can share hairstyles that beat the summer humidity and frizz.
- Post pictures of your store (if you have one), employees or customers celebrating the holiday. Ask your customers to post their most patriotic photos, give them an incentive by making it a contest. Use a custom hashtag such as #mysmallbizjuly4
International Kissing Day – July 6
While National Kissing Day was in June, International Kissing Day is celebrated in July. It’s an opportunity to promote relationships.
- Show some love to your customers, offer a discount for that day.
- Suggest relationship-related gift giving.
Bastille Day – July 14
On July 14, 1790 the people of Paris stormed the Bastille and since then Bastille Day symbolizes the end of the monarchy, and the beginning of the democratic republic of France. So every July 14th the French celebrate Bastille Day, or La Fête Nationale.
Bastille Day will not resonate with everyone, but it’s the perfect day to promote a French style restaurant. Spas and hairdressers can promote their French manicure. Remember, the French colors are Blue, White and Red.
National Ice Cream Day – July 16
We all scream for ice cream in July thanks to President Ronald Reagan who in 1984 proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month. He also established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month. It’s the perfect holiday for restaurant.
But if you are not in the food industry and open on Sundays, you can also take advantage of this delicious day.
- Surprise your customers and employees with an ice cream social.
- Post pictures of your customers and staff enjoying their treat.
- Use relevant # on Twitter and Instagram #NationalIceCreamDay, #IceCream.
Social Media Contest
July is a popular month for summer vacation. Offer customers a discount on their next purchase if they post a picture of themselves using one of your products while on vacation.
So there they are your content marketing ideas for July to help you promote your business. Make sure to check back each month for more content ideas to help your small business shine online.
If someone was kind enough to forward this post to you, you may want to subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here.
The fundamental principle that makes marketing effective is consistency. If you need any help with your marketing, feel free to CONTACT US. WE CAN HELP YOU GET IT DONE!