Need some content marketing ideas for August? Don’t worry; from Friendship Day to National Relaxation Day, we have you covered.
Content Marketing Ideas for August 2017
Friendship Day – August 6
Friendship Day is to nurture friendships. Hold a promotion for customers who bring in their friends on that day, offer them a discount or freebie. Promote via email and social media #FriendshipDay.
National Relaxation Day – August 15
A day to kick back and enjoy doing nothing. It’s the perfect day for spas and beauty salons to offer beauty treatment deals.
Businesses can offer their employees in-office relaxation such as massages, meditation, etc. because Happy Employees Equal Happy Customers.
Encourage your social media followers to stop and decompress.
Senior Citizens Day – August 21
On August 19, 1988, President Ronald Reagan issued Proclamation 5847 creating National Senior Citizens Day to be August 21.
- Show our appreciation for senior citizens by offering discounted or free services.
- Contact your local senior centers and find out if you can sponsor an event.
Back to School
Kids and parents are now preparing for back to school and even if your business is not school or child related, you can still take advantage of the back-to-school season.
- Everyone from parents with young children to college students are looking for ways to save. Offer back-to-school discounts or packages.
- Write a post with helpful tips to help your customers deal with the back-to-school season.
Did you know? This year’s entering college class of 2017
- Has always lived in cyberspace.
- As far as they are concerned, history has always had its own channel.
- Has never needed directions to get someplace, just an address, thanks to GPS.
- Has always purchased airline tickets online.
Back To School Means Back To Business
Once kids are in school, parents have more time during the day to take care of themselves or tackle home improvement projects.
- Reach out to your existing customers and offer them special discounts and packages.
- Write a post with helpful tips to help your customers get back in shape, organize their home, or help college bound students deal with their finances. Don’t forget to promote your posts via social media and email.
More Fun Holidays for August
1 – World Wide Web Day
3 – National Watermelon Day
4 – International Beer Day
9 – National Book Lovers Day
10 – National Lazy Day
12 – World Elephant Day
19 – World Humanitarian Day
22 – Be an Angel Day
25 – National Kiss and Make up Day
30 – National Toasted Marshmallow Day
Related Post: 5 ways to improve your marketing in August
The fundamental principle that makes marketing effective is consistency. If you need any help with your marketing, feel free to CONTACT US. WE CAN HELP YOU GET IT DONE!
Post updated 07/25/2017