We are more than halfway through the year; now is a good time to revisit your marketing plan to make your business more productive and profitable for the rest of the year.
Here are 5 ways to improve your marketing in August.
1. Update Your Website
Most businesses websites tend to be a bit dated. Take a hard look at your website: does it have outdated prices? Is your information current on your “About” page? Is your website responsive (mobile compatible)? Are your social media accounts connected to your website?
A few ideas that you can use to update your website could be to:
- Add your latest success story.
- Update your photo gallery with your latest event or products.
- Keep your “About” page up-to-date by adding any awards that you received or events that you participated in as a speaker.
Related Post: Is Your Website Mobile Friendly?
2. Improve Your Search Engine Ranking
Potential customers will go online to source local businesses before calling you or going to your place of business. If you have a website and no one can find it, you are losing potential customers to your competition. While updating your website do so with search engine optimization (SEO) in mind to drive traffic to your website.
A few ideas to improve your SEO:
- Create unique product titles (if you are a retailer) using keywords that shoppers will use to search for your products.
- Use social media to showcase your business.
- Create content with a blog where you share ideas with your customers or potential clients.
- Use links within your website or to articles written about your business.
Related Post: What is SEO?
3. Update Your Marketing Materials
Take stock at what you are currently using: business cards, flyers, profiles, brochures, posters and/or newsletters, determine if the information is still accurate and up-to-date and that the marketing materials that you are using are making an impact in generating sales.
4. Research Your Competition
Take a look at what your competitors are doing and make sure that you don’t let them take the lead. Website, brochures, blogs, Facebook pages, Twitter, LinkedIn … take the time to find out what others in your field are doing. You can keep the best ideas and adapt them to your company.
Related Post: Who are your competitors?
5. Sharpen Your Marketing Plan for the 4th Quarter
If you are a retailer, you already went to the major shows, placed your Holiday orders, got some great ideas and now it’s the time to plan for the all so important 4th quarter.
Create a holiday marketing calendar:
- Plan out your social media updates and emails.
- Schedule your special events.
- Will you need more staff and when?
- When will you roll out the season?
As a small business owner, there are so many things to deal with daily that sometimes you can’t see the forest for the tree. Take advantage of the slow time to look at the big picture.
Start with those five ideas to help you improve on your marketing and make your business more productive and profitable for the rest of the year.
Do you need help with marketing? We can help you GET IT DONE! Contact us today for a free consultation.
Post updated 08/02/16